Over the road
As a CDL-A professional truck driver at Walmart, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Up to $87,500 your first year!
- Activity, Training, and Mileage pay from day 1
- Quarterly safe driving bonuses
- No loading or unloading freight
- A great balance between work and life
- Home Once a Week
- Reset Hours Not Spent on the Road
- Additional life insurance and pharmacy benefits offered
- Up to 21 paid days off in your first year
All the benefits you need for you and your family:
- Comprehensive benefits package that starts on day 1
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans & more!
- Education assistance for associate and dependents
- An Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License
- Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
- Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years
- No serious traffic violations or preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years
- No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs convictions within the last ten (10) years
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day.