- Flatbed Drivers Enjoy:
- Regional: $.49-$.53 CPM
- Local: $.45-$.49 CPM
- Home time every weekend
- Late-model equipment
- No charge for Pre Pass and EZ Pass
- Permanently assigned trucks, no slip seating
- $700 weekly minimum pay
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Minimum pay per load
- Layover, Breakdown, and Detention Pay
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Driver Referral Bonus
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (medical reimbursement account)
- 401K retirement with matching
Students & Recent Grads Enjoy:
- Orientation locations in Cuba, AL ; Ennis, TX ; & Pleasant Hill, SC
- Paid Orientation & Training @ $600-$750 depending on home location
- Hotel and full breakfast and lunch provided during orientation, yard training & lunch during final week
- Home most weekends during driving training
- Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $250/monthly)
- Home every weekend
- 65% of our loads are preloaded and pre-tarped
- Regional freight lanes with No Canada
- No Hazmat
- Rider Policy
- Late-model conventional tractors
- Tarp Pay
- Daily Per Diem @ $63/day
NO FLATBED EXPERIENCE? JOIN OUR EDP PROGRAM!
Experienced driver, but no flatbed experience? No problem!
Fast Track training is available for you! Fast Track is 2 weeks of individualized flatbed training @ $2,000. To qualify: 6 months recent experience manual transmission, or 3 months recent experience flatbed w/ manual transmission.
An expedited training program that pays drivers $1,000/week for two weeks
Upon completion of our program, drivers are dispatched
- FLATBED DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
- At least 21 years of age
- Excellent driving and safety record
- Pass a D.O.T. physical and drug test
- Professional appearance
- Minimum 1 Year Experience
- Must have a CDL A
BE PART OF THE MCELROY FAMILY
McElroy Truck Lines is a flatbed truckload carrier operating primarily in the Southwest, Southeast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, with our headquarters in Cuba, Alabama. We've been in business for over 50 years and we pride ourselves in offering our people a work environment with high Christian morals that honors the family and respects the contributions of each truck driver.
In 1964, J. C. McElroy, Jr. started a small pulpwood trucking business with one truck, a power saw, and a big-stick loader. This company grew into a hardwood logging operation named Sumter Timber Company that provided logs to area mills. By the 1970s, Sumter had become a logging contractor hauling chips, sawdust and shavings for local mills, and eventually we began shipping lumber from area sawmills to states adjoining Alabama.
In 1985, the flatbed portion of the operation expanded to form its own separate business, incorporated as McElroy Truck Lines. Through the years following, McElroy, or MTL, has added satellite terminals, trailer pools near customers and many more truck drivers and trucks.
Today, McElroy is proud to be a successful customer-service focused company specializing in handling large volumes for strategic customers. Together with our family of truck drivers, we're meeting the challenges of today's competitive business climate.Please apply for this job or call us at (941) 413-1434