Shaffer is now hiring CDL A OTR reefer drivers! Drivers earn $.51 to $.56 CPM start pay depending on experience. Find out why we have the lowest turn over rate in the industry!
- Starting Pay: $.51 to $.56 per practical mile, depending on experience
- Annual Pay: The top 25% of Shaffer OTR drivers average over $80,300 per year
- Days on the road: 12 - 21
- Home Time: 1 day off for every 6 out
- Fleet Type: Company, National OTR
- Job Type: Temperature-controlled
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Top pay certified carrier
- Full benefits
- Health from BCBS of Nebraska, dental, vision, life, and 401K
- Annual profit sharing
- Contributed $8 million towards employee profit sharing in 2017!
- Guaranteed detention pay
- Pet policy
- 2 dogs or cats
- No-cost rider policy
- Cruise Speed of 65 mph
- Paid orientation
- Industry leading CSA scores
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
- Valid Class A CDL
- TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate required for Hunt Transportation.
- Four months verifiable tractor trailer experience for Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking
- One-year verifiable tractor trailer experience for Hunt Transportation.
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Has a stable, verifiable work history
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description
- Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking also accept qualified student drivers who have successfully completed schooling at an approved school.
About Us: Founded in 1937, Shaffer Trucking has an over 80-year history of excellence. Joining the Crete Carrier family in 1974, the two companies, along with Hunt Transportation have become one of the nation’s largest privately owned transportation companies. Shaffer specializes in temperature-sensitive freight and is a premier carrier for the candy and confectionery industry. At Shaffer Trucking, our drivers are our most valuable asset. As a result, we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do with our competition. We take pride in our relationship with our drivers. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.Please apply for this job or call us at (844) 588-0732